Finance & Administration Manager
2-3 days per week – negotiable
£28-35k pro rata, company workplace pension scheme available
Cumbria Crystal is the last producer of completely hand-blown and hand-cut luxury lead crystal in the United Kingdom. Using only traditional glassmaking processes, the team of 21 highly skilled artisans are committed to making superb crystal of the highest quality, using techniques and processes that have hardly changed since the Roman era. Cumbria Crystal epitomises the best of British glass manufacture. Our glassmaking heritage and use of traditional techniques mean that every aspect of the creative process is done by hand in the factory.
As the Company’s Finance and Administration Manager you will:
- Agree Annual Budget with Chief Executive and Senior Managers.
- Budget modelling & implementation of business and financial plans.
- Produce timely monthly management accounts and monitor against budgets.
- Analysis of KPI’s.
- Report to Board every month on Financial Performance against Business Plan.
- Discuss with Chief Executive and Senior Managers any variances to budget and agree appropriate corrective action.
- Support Chief Executive on development of Company strategy and assist in identifying appropriate funding applications/business opportunities.
- Monitor cash levels and initiate any corrective actions.
- Agree and submit monthly payroll information to local accountants.
- Prepare & submit financial information for quarterly VAT returns.
- Liaise with company’s Bank on its Performance and Cash needs.
- Submit monthly management accounts to company’s Bank.
- Agree year-end audit plan with Auditors and be available to discuss audit queries.
- Complete statutory year end requirements.
- Ensure draft accounts are issued to the Board prior to AGM.
- Ensure company is working on latest Sage Accounts Line 50 package.
- Liaise with Company Auditors on Workplace Pension scheme.
- Line Manager for 1 member of staff and include training and staff appraisal.
- Provide advisory support for Web/Shop sales.
- Responsibility for of Company’s IT systems, database & general administrative functions.
- Negotiate with contractors e.g. energy and insurance at renewals.
- Manage and supervise the Accounts Assistant/PA to Managing Director, including performance review and training.
Experience in the field of manufacturing or engineering. Willingness to play an integral role within the Management Team.
- Experience in the fields of manufacturing or engineering.
- Excellent managerial skills with the ability to delegate and supervise.
- Demonstrable strong time-management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise busy work loads.
- Ability to communicate clearly, openly and effectively with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and to play an integral role within the management team.
- Respect for the craftsmanship of our products.
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good time keeper.
- Respect and consideration towards colleagues.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Chris Blade at email@example.com or call 01229 584 400.