These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service team by email or call us on 01229 584400 (Mon-Fri; 09.00-16.30).
- “Conditions” means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions.
- “Product” means a product displayed for sale on the Website.
- “Product Description” means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided.
- “Special Conditions” means the terms and conditions in the Product Description.
- “Users” means the users of the Website collectively.
- “Personal Information” means the details provided by you on registration.
- “We/us” means Cumbria Crystal.
- “Website” means the website located at www.cumbriacrystal.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
- “Cookies” means small text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer.
- “United Kingdom” means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
- “You” means a user of this Website.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with the following Conditions, any orders placed by you are subject to these Conditions.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website.
- Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Purchase of Products:
We take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure. We use industry leading Payment Technology to handle your payment information and are fully PCI compliant. We also use SSL digital certificates to protect your personal information on our site.
However, in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Purchase of Products Contract:
When choosing to purchase from us a contract is created between us the ‘supplier’ and you the ‘purchaser’, the technical steps in this contract creation are as follows:
- You select products that you wish to purchase and place them into the shopping basket.
- You click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ and are guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple screens.
- An order is placed by pressing the ‘Confirm Order’ button at the end of the checkout process.
- At this point we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the order specifics.
- As all orders are subject to processing and packing times at our warehouse, we will send you a further confirmation of payment and despatch via email when your items have been despatched.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions.
In the rare event we have insufficient stocks to fulfil your order we will notify you by phone or email to advise you of an anticipated lead time. You will have the opportunity to cancel your order should you wish.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in this section.
The contract will be concluded in English.
If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with cumbriacrystal.com please contact us by email or phone on +44 (0)1229 584400 (Monday – Friday: 09.00-16.30 GMT) or write to us at the following address:
Cumbria Crystal, Oubas Hill, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LB
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations:
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, and that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and not used them.
Please follow the procedure set out in our ‘Returns & Refunds’ section. Please note that where large Products are returned as unwanted, we reserve the right to make a charge of £15 to cover the collection cost.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty:
- Special order item
Please note: Prior to signing for any delivery please ensure that you check the contents of the shipment are in good order . Failure to do so may invalidate your shipments insurance.
As many of the items on our site are purchased as gifts all orders are sent out with documentation containing the details of the items you order excluding price information.
In addition to your confirmation emails a modified VAT invoice containing price information will be emailed directly to you as a PDF file when we despatch the goods to you.
Description of Products:
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description. These descriptions set out any Specific Conditions such as estimated delivery times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details; descriptions, prices and stock levels of products appearing on the Website are correct
Images are provided for you to help inform your decision making process. They are supplied as reference images and as such may differ from the actual item you receive.
Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
We cannot confirm the availability of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy above.
Non GBP £ Currencies:
We advise all international customers to check with their acquiring bank what charges (if any) will be incurred and what the your actual exchange rate will be.
Intellectual property and right to use:
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws:
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability:
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The registered company address of:
Cumbria Crystal, Unit 4, Canal Head, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LB
Please find the terms and conditions here for our factory outlet shop in Ulverston.