Terms and Conditions for Glass Cutting Workshop
Please familiarise yourself with terms and conditions before booking courses.
- Diamond Wheel Cutting 14+ years
- Parents / Guardians of participants under 18 must provide written consent to allow participation.
- Course vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Course vouchers are not redeemable for cash but may be redeemed against other Cumbria Crystal products or experiences within the year.
- Course costs are due in full at the time of booking the course date.
- Courses may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not met. see clause 9.
- Course costs/Gift Vouchers are non – refundable subject to clause 9.
- Cumbria Crystal reserves the right to cancel a course if circumstances arise outside its control. In this event you will be advised of alternative course /dates. Cumbria Crystal accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred by participants, including but not limited to, accommodation, travel or holiday costs.
- Cancellation by Cumbria Crystal: –
a. 7 days, or less, notice – Option: Book another date, or crystal to the value of the course, plus 20% discount off standard factory shop prices.
b. 8-14 days or less notice – Option: Book another date, or crystal to the value of the course, plus 15% discount off standard factory shop prices.
c. 15-21 days – Option: Book another date, or crystal to the value of the course, plus 10% discount off standard factory shop prices.
d. If you are unable to attend a friend or family member may be nominated in your place.
- Cancellation, after confirmation of booking, by participant:-
a. 14 or less days – no refund
b. 15 days or more – option to book another date. This option may only be exercised once.
i. You may transfer to another course with any additional cost being payable at the time of transfer.
- Cumbria Crystal will send you confirmation of your purchase by email on receipt of payment. It is your responsibility to ensure contact details provided are accurate.
- Lunch is not provided – our kitchen facilities are available for making drinks and storing/heating food.
- Additional glass purchased will be from ‘Factory Second’ stock – seconds have minor imperfections and are offered subject to availability.
- Cumbria Crystal ‘First Quality’ blank stock is offered for purchase, with a 20% discount on the day, subject to availability.
- Diamond Wheel Cutting Course :
a. Acid polishing for two pieces of glass is included in the course. Polishing is an inherently risky process and whilst every care is taken, no liability is accepted for work that does not survive the process.
b. Work will be stored for collection for up to three weeks. No responsibility will be taken for the safety of stored goods. After this Cumbria Crystal reserves the right to dispose of the work in any way it sees fit.
- We are happy to arrange courier delivery of work to any UK/EU address. Payment to be made by 4pm on the day of the course. We accept no liability for damages, howsoever caused, whilst in transit. Concerns should be addressed to the Courier provider.
- Glassmaking can be an inherently dangerous activity. We will supervise your activity closely but if you are concerned about the risks you should not book a course. Under no circumstances should you participate in an experience while under the influence of alcohol or substances which may affect judgement.
- We may, at our absolute discretion and at any time, determine that it would not be appropriate to allow you to participate in the course for reasons of Health and Safety. In which case we may cancel the agreement between us and will not refund your money.
- Cumbria Crystal will supply appropriate Health & Safety equipment.
- Please note that we do not supply tools specifically designed for left-handed individuals, however we do not believe it will detract from the enjoyment of this particular course. If you would not feel comfortable using standard equipment then you should not make a booking with us.
- Cumbria Crystal is a working factory and many of the machines and processes are inherently dangerous, some have the potential to maim or kill. Under no circumstances should anything be touched that you have not been directly advised as safe to use – see clause 18
Course, or gift, enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0)1229 584 400