Terms and Conditions for glassblowing experiences
Please familiarise yourself with these prior to participating in your glass blowing experience.
1. Glass blowing experiences are available to adults of 18 years and over.
2. Children between 13 & 17 may undertake the full Bauble & Paperweight Experiences providing: • a parent or guardian signs an agreement approving participation. • a parent or guardian is with the participant during the experience. • an experience may be cancelled at any time without refund, for any reason, by the instructor should s/he feel that the participant may be a danger to themselves or anyone else.
3. Children between 8 -12 years may undertake a slightly ‘reduced’ version of the Bauble Experience providing: • a parent or guardian signs an agreement approving participation. • a parent or guardian is with the child throughout the experience. • an experience may be cancelled at any time without refund, for any reason, by the instructor should s/he feel that the participant may be a danger to themselves or anyone else.
4. The Paperweight Experience is not available to participants under 13 years of age as it involves considerably closer contact with hot glass.
5. Participants in glassblowing experiences must wear enclosed sturdy shoes. Open toed shoes, sandals or high-heals are unsuitable. Nylon or polyester clothing is unsuitable. Cotton based garments are ideal. Shorts are not acceptable. • We may, at our discretion, refuse entry to the factory should a participant not have suitable attire. We will try to find a suitable alternative, but cannot guarantee to be able to do so. Refunds will not be made if participants are unable to participate unless the booking was made immediately prior to the experience.
6. Safety goggles will be provided by Cumbria Crystal and must be worn at all times. Any other PPE provided must be worn.
7. In order to control safety participants will be seated whilst in the hot glass area. The only exception will be to participate in the experience itself.
8. A maximum of 8 people are allowed in the glass-blowing area at any one time, whether participants or partners/parents/guardians. • Non-participants under 18 are restricted from entering the factory area unaccompanied. They may watch from the public gallery but should have at least one adult with them at all times.
9. Please note that we do not supply tools specifically designed for left-handed individuals, however the nature of this activity will not impact on left handed people or detract from the enjoyment of your lesson. If you would not feel comfortable using standard equipment then you should not make a booking with us.
10. The fee for the experience is due in full at the time of booking and is non-refundable, subject to clauses 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
11. A maximum of two people may rearrange an experience on one occasion provided Cumbria Crystal shop staff are informed at least 24 hours in advance. • Cumbria Crystal will not be liable to make a refund, or for any consequential losses, should it not be possible to find a mutually convenient alternative date. • The experience is fully transferrable, so should you be unable to attend a friend or family member may be nominated to attend in your place.
12. Bookings of more than two people may be rearranged on one occasion provided at least 48 hours notice is given. • Cumbria Crystal will not be liable to make a refund, or for any consequential losses should it not be possible to find a mutually convenient alternative date. • The experience is fully transferrable, so should you be unable to attend a friend or family member may be nominated to attend in your place.
13. Ensure you are on site 5-10 minutes before your experience is due to take place. If you are late, Cumbria Crystal reserves the right to refuse you entry and a refund may not be given. Provided there is further availability on the day, Cumbria Crystal will try to accommodate you.
14. If you purchased your experience online you have the right to cancel your order without penalty and without giving any reason. This right can be exercised by forwarding a notice of cancellation to, Unit 4, Canal Head, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7LB or email@example.com. You may exercise this right to cancel within seven working days beginning on the day after the booking is made.
15. Cumbria Crystal reserves the right to cancel an experience if circumstances arise which are outside its control. In this event you will be offered alternative date/s. If you are unable to accept an alternative date a full refund will be made.
16. Cumbria Crystal accepts no liability for any losses arising from a cancellation howsoever caused.
17. If your experience is pre-purchased confirmation will be sent by e-mail with relevant details of the experience. It is your responsibility to ensure the contact details you provide are accurate as they may be used for dispatching finished items.
18. Goods will the sent to the Lead Participant’s (person who booked) address unless we are informed otherwise.
19. Glass made during an experience must be annealed and cooled slowly overnight meaning it can't be taken away at the end of the day. Your item/s will normally be available for collection between one & three working days after your experience.
20. Should you be unable to collect your crystal we can arrange for your item to be delivered to an address in the UK or EU. Payment for postage must be made before any item will be dispatched. • We use external companies to post items and as such accept no liability for loss or damage to your item once dispatched from the factory.
21. Blowing irons will be disinfected before each use using an anti-bacterial single use wipe.
22. Should you be aware of any medical reason it may not be safe for you, or our staff, to work with you during an experience please raise it immediately so an assessment can be made how or whether to continue. If you are unable to take part a full refund will be made.
23. Glassmaking is an inherently dangerous activity. We supervise your activity closely, however we ask you to sign a waiver acknowledging glassblowing is a potentially dangerous activity & that you are happy to participate. If you are concerned about the risks you should not participate. Under no circumstances should you participate in an experience while under the influence of alcohol or any substance that might affect your judgement or behaviour. We may, at our absolute discretion, cancel or curtail the experience without refund.
Cumbria Crystal invests substantial time and effort in making our short experiences fulfilling and enjoyable. However please feel free to provide feedback so we can improve your experience