- Glass Blower ‘Experiences’ & Production Assistant
- Glass Cutter (full time)
- Production Glass Blower (full time)
- Administrator and customer liaison (maternity cover)
- Retail assistant x 2 (via the Kickstart scheme)
Scroll for further details of each role
Glass Blower ‘Experiences’ & Production Assistant
Short-term contract until December 2021. However, it is possible the contract may become permanent
in 2022. Assistance towards finding suitable short-term accommodation is available.
The company is seeking to appoint a glassblower to deliver hands-on glassblowing ‘Experiences’ to the
public. Experiences mainly consist of one-on-one bauble and paperweight workshops, with occasional longer
workshops. The programme was shelved during the pandemic but with UK tourism projected to bounce back
this year we wish to resume it in June/July. In 2020 the Glassblowing Experiences programme was placed as
one of the top three, ‘Best Experiences of the Year’ by Cumbria Tourism Awards.
Depending on experience, and demand for bookings, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to
assist our full-time production blowers.
This post is ideal for a glass-blower, or recent graduate, with sound glassmaking ability and confidence to
deliver experiences who wishes to refine their skills. Cumbria Crystal is the only ‘luxury’ lead crystal
manufacturer in the UK and as such offers the opportunity to really experience the processes & techniques
used in a true production environment.
• To deliver income generating glass-blowing experiences to the public.
• To assist the production blowing team when workshops are not running.
• Responsibility for the safe delivery & smooth running of the day-to-day activities.
• 5/7 working week may be required.
• Production of small stock items for sale in the Factory Shop (dependant on experience).
• To maintain the highest standards of customer experience & service.
• Work closely with key staff to ensure products are prepared & marked for collection &/or dispatch.
• Charging the furnace; lighting glory holes; ensure materials and safety equipment are available and
• Occasional work with the dispatch staff & to assist with other reasonable duties as requested by the
Bachelor’s Degree in Glass, or equivalent glassblowing experience.
Experience & confidence to deliver hands-on, One-on-One, glassblowing experiences.
Fluent English speaking.
Strong time-management and organisational skills and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
Ability to communicate clearly, openly, enthusiastically and effectively with the public.
Understanding of the Health & Safety issues relating to glass making.
A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Computer and social media skills.
Demonstrates respect and consideration towards colleagues.
Ability to work independently on your own initiative and within a team.
Reliable trustworthy and a good time-keeper.
Demonstrate good attention to detail.
A willingness to learn and take instruction.
APPLICATIONS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV, images of your work and a brief statement outlining your experiences and suitability for the role. E-mail if you would like to arrange an informal chat prior to applying.
START DATE: End of July, but could be earlier
Glass Cutter (full time)
As the company’s Glass Cutter you are responsible for the specialist cutting of crystal using a variety of techniques and tools to produce the highest quality products.
To apply or for more information send an email at email@example.com
Production Glass Blower (full time)
As a Senior Glassblower you will support the Master Glass Blower to effectively manage the glassblowing teams to ensure the efficient production of high quality hand-blown crystal.
Administrator and customer liaison
6 MONTHS MATERNITY COVER | 30 hours per week over 5 days | £ 17,960 pro-rata
Manage general enquiries via phone & e-mail.
Use company CRM systems to update customer data, enquiries.
Provide the MD, Operations Manager, Finance Manager & Retail Manager with administrative support.
Manage diaries & appointments.
Maintain effective filing systems.
Ensure effective communication across the company.
Manage & maintain product information, price lists & trade catalogues.
Maintain paper & electronic records of holidays; training; near misses
Customer liaison for trade & bespoke enquiries.
Manage & maintain all office/s facilities.
Dealing with post.
Ensure company-wide documentation is accurately stored & maintained electronically.
Oversee all administrative operations to ensure the smooth running of the company.
Booking accommodation and making travel arrangements.
Preparing and distributing papers and documents for meetings.
Draft letters and other documents.
Photocopying and printing.
Using various computer packages – Office 365; Word; Excel; PowerPoint, Xero (desirable)
Data protection – GDPR. Update customer databases.
Experience updating websites (desirable)
Min NVQ L3, or equivalent in Business & Administration.
Confidence with Office 365 & database systems.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to pro-actively initiate sales enquiries.
Ability to stay calm under pressure.
Methodical and thorough approach to work.
Demonstrates organisation and initiative.
A great team player.
Retail Assistant x 2
Kickstart scheme. Apply via your Work Coach at the job centre.
Full time hours over 5 days.
The Retail Assistant is responsible for:
As the Factory Outlet shop Retail Assistant you will assist with the efficient running of the factory shop. The shop is situated in a busy glass-blowing factory and sells hand-blown crystal made on the premises. This role is ideally suited to a dynamic and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication and organizational skills. It is never dull, as being part of a small, close knit team there is always something to do. assisting with the development and implementation of promotional events for the shop; processing of website sales information; handling & responding to enquiries; direct sales to customers in the shop & via the phone; handling bespoke & engraving enquiries; maintaining accurate stock records & delivering high standards of customer care; accurate record keeping; development and implementation of initiatives to build customer loyalty.
You will also organize, collate, check and prepare orders for collection &/or dispatch from the shop or via couriers. This may involve careful packing of goods to minimize breakages, preparation of all documentation and arranging dispatch via courier.
· Work with the Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager & Retail Manager to ensure orders are packed, labelled & dispatched in an efficient and timely manner.
· Make sales & take customer payments + cashing-up at the end of the day.
· Liaise between customers and manufacturing staff to ensure orders are processed efficiently.
· Ensure Factory Shop, internet sales, public workshop goods & orders are accurately checked prior to collection or dispatch.
· Adjust prices in store & on the till.
· Clean the shop & ensure products are well presented.
· Answer telephone calls & respond to e-mails.
· Manage wedding lists.
· Monitor product standards & feed-back and concerns to the Operations Supervisor.
· Occasional assistance with preparation & cleaning of products in the glass processing area during busy periods.
· Assist with product stock take.
· Update stock & customer records on the company IT system.
· Monitor goods going into & coming out of stock.
· Keep the stock areas clean and organised.
· Ensure the Factory Shop is clean and tidy.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service when dealing with Factory Shop, internet & glass blowing experiences’ customers.
· Communicate effectively & politely with managers, employees & customers.
· Pro-actively work with staff to implement company policies and procedures.
· Continuously work and strive towards maintaining and developing your skills. · Undertake any necessary training in-order to fulfill your role.
· Maintain accurate records as required by your role.
· Awareness of, and adherence to, Health and Safety procedures in the factory environment and the shop.
· Opening and closing the factory shop.
· Work effectively and efficiently to meet and exceed targets.
· Ability to work on your own initiative and follow instruction.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritise when dealing with busy work loads.
· Reliable trustworthy and an excellent time-keeper.
· This is a front facing role so personal presentation, appropriate to a luxury brand is important.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Demonstrate care and respect for the craftsmanship and time involved in making the products.
· Demonstrate respect and consideration towards your colleagues and customers.
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize, interpret & follow instructions accurately.
· Demonstrate ability to work independently using your own initiative and within a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate a pro-active approach to work and problem solving.
· Excellent Customer Service and telephone skills.
· Strong IT skills.
Please note that this is part of the Kickstart scheme. You cannot apply direct. Apply via your Work Coach at the job centre.