Call Cumbria Crystal 01229 584 400
- We will be accepting card payments only
- Customers will be able to see the glass blowers from our viewing platform within the factory (Monday – Friday)
- If you intend to collect your online order from our shop in Ulverston please check beforehand to ensure it is ready to collect
- We have also resumed our engraving service so we can personalise your crystal on request.
You can come to visit Cumbria Crystal Factory Outlet from Monday to Saturday: 9am-5pm and on Sunday: 10am-4pm. If you would like to experience our artisans at work factory viewing times are Monday-Thursday 9am-12.30pm & 1pm-4pm.
Aside from giving visitors items to shop for at the Factory Outlet, Cumbria Crystal also offers self-guided factory tours where guests can watch the entire glass making process. Those taking the tour can have a look around one of the last working lead crystal factories in the country and can watch the 17-man team as they practice traditional glass making methods.
The factory is open all year round except on Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year. The best part is that there is no admission fee for those who want to pay a visit. Parking is free as well. Guests can come anytime Monday-Friday between 9:00 am-12:30 pm and 1:00-4:30 pm and 1:00-3:00 pm on Fridays. Since work stops promptly during closing time, visitors are advised to come early so they can observe the whole glass making process.
Cumbria Crystal is located about 100 meters off the A590 to the east of Ulverston. Guests can follow the brown and white signs labelled ‘The Lakes Glass Centre’ which will direct them to the factory. For more information call 01229 584 400.
- Disabled Access: YES
- Entry Fee: FREE
- Toilets: NO (access to toilets at Booths Supermarket opposite)
Also available at the factory are our hot glass experiences and short courses, which you can read more about here – Blow Your Own Glass