Visit Cumbria Crystal
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FACTORY SHOP AND VIEWING PLATFORM WILL BE CLOSED FROM 14TH - 23RD FEBRUARY 2024, INCLUSIVE.
Call Cumbria Crystal 01229 584 400
The Factory Shop is open seven days a week.
Monday to Saturday 9-5pm, Sunday 10-4pm.
- Customers can watch our artisans blowing & cutting crystal from our complimentary viewing area within the factory (Monday - Friday 9-4pm)
- If you intend to collect your online order from our Ulverston shop please check with us beforehand to ensure it is ready.
- We offer an engraving service, so can personalise your crystal on request.
- Our glassblowing experiences will return in Spring 2024.
Aside from giving visitors items to shop for at the Factory Outlet, Cumbria Crystal also offers self-guided factory tours where guests can watch the entire glass making process. Those taking the tour can have a look around one of the last working lead crystal factories in the country and can watch the 17 person team as they practice traditional glass making methods.
There is no admission fee for those who want to pay a visit. Parking is free as well. Guests can come anytime Monday-Friday between 9:00 am-12:30 pm and 1:00-4:00 pm. Since work stops promptly during closing time, visitors are advised to come early so they can observe the whole glass making process.
Cumbria Crystal is located about 100 meters off the A590 to the east of Ulverston. Guests can follow the brown and white signs labelled 'The Lakes Glass Centre' which will direct them to the factory. For more information call 01229 584 400.
- Disabled Access: YES
- Entry Fee: FREE
- Toilets: NO (access to toilets at Booths Supermarket opposite)
- Dogs allowed: YES