If you have so much crystal in The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal, why do you still produce it?
It is a natural biproduct when striving to handcraft some of the best luxury, crystal in the world using traditional processes. We will not compromise the quality of our standard collections, so around 50% of the crystal we produce ends up in The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal, due to small variations from the norm. You can read more about our grading process here.
Why are you offering such a big discount (up to 80%) on some items?
We have always offered up to 45% off outlet crystal through our factory shop and website. However, due to the need to create as much space as possible in our storage areas, we are offering some exceptional discounts in the hope that this makes our crystal accessible to more people. We hope that it will encourage new and existing customers to start, or expand, their collections or provide the opportunity to purchase a beautiful gift.
What is the biggest difference between your standard collections and The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal stock?
Our standard collections are made to order and handcrafted with the aim of being the best luxury crystal in the world. Handcrafted crystal can never be perfect, because it is crafted using 2000-year old techniques, but we strive to get it as close as possible.
The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal still offers high-quality crystal which has simply, for some reason, not met all the criteria we set for our standard collections. These criteria vary but can include small bubbles, chord, stone, slightly variable weights from similar items or slight size discrepancy. You can read more about these things here.
Is The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal just old stock that doesn't match?
Not at all. It is a huge array of thousands of products ranging from our bestselling Grasmere Double Old Fashioned Whisky Tumbler, to sets of discontinued wine glasses at a very accessible price. In regard to our standard collections - Grasmere, Helvellyn, Palm, etc. - you will find around 70% of those products available in The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal.
Can I access these products from outside of the UK?
Yes, we have made The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal available to all customers, regardless of geographical location.
Do I need a discount code?
No, all products already have the discount applied to them so you can see upfront the price you will pay.
Can goods from The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal be gift wrapped?
Certainly. We have options for both gift wrapping and gift boxing, which can be found under the Cart section of the website and added to your order.
Is everything on The Outlet at Cumbria Crystal in stock?
It certainly is. 95% of items listed in The Outlet will be picked, polished, packed and posted out within 5 working days, with the remaining 5% dispatched within 10 working days. This means we can guarantee Christmas dispatch all the way into mid-December.
Can I still order your best quality crystal from your standard collections?
Absolutely. However, as each item is made especially for you, we can no longer guarantee Christmas delivery. Some items are made regularly so delivery may be possible, so please contact us via the chat box on the website, and we will look at the production schedule to see if it is possible.
For those we are unable to deliver in time for Christmas, we can provide a commission letter (on request) explaining that you have commissioned crystal to be crafted especially for your recipient, and that it will delivered in early 2024.